Top tips for helping rough sleepers in the hot weather
Keeping cool can be tricky if you're homeless.
School's out for the summer and the sunshine looks like it might just be here to stay. But do you know how best to help rough sleepers in this heat?
Here's our top tips:
1. Take any old umbrellas out with you, they're great for protection against the sun.
2. Sun cream is good, but expensive. So, if you have any leftover from a holiday why not give it out.
3. Freeze small bottles of water, they can work to cool people down and then to drink.
4. Buy them an ice cream, or a nice cold treat.
5. Contact Streetlink at : Streetlink.org.uk or 03005000914 and immediately connect someone rough sleeping to local authorities.
Massive shoutout to Centre Point UK for this post inspiration, we just had to share it! Check them out here : https://centrepoint.org.uk